Friday, January 21, 2011

Getting to know you, getting to know all about you...

Hey hey! This is the post where I actually tell you all about me. Because you're dying to know. Deep breath, here goes...

I didn't learn how to ride a bike until I was 19. I failed my first driver's test. I have a growth in the back of my...wait. Wait. This is all wrong. Do over.

I'm 26. I'm from Seattle. I love the shit out of Seattle. I love the rain (have you noticed the title of my blog? C'mon people, try to catch up), I love our inability to play with the big boys like Chicago, New York and LA and our utter desperation to do so anyway. I'm a savory, not sweets kinda gal. I'm goofy and I have goofy friends. I'm learning to play ukulele. I will hopefully be doing more and more ukulele'ing as I progress, for it is the shit.

I love homeless people. I started working in a homeless advocacy center when I was in college (Evergreen, represent!) and loved it so much I decided that hanging out with homeless people for a living was way better than anything else I could ever do. So five years later, I still do.

I have a lot to say about homelessness, about the future, about my hussy of a cat who just pees on everything, about how I know nothing of music but totally want to be in a band and pretend I'm Frank Zappa, about how hard it is to find cute clothes if you're fat but not super fat, about how soul-sucking office life is and why we will one day move the entire american workplace to a google-plex model or fail as a society, about so much stupid bullshit. That's why I have a blog.

I'm super excited, you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment